Outgoing Houston ExchangeMarch 6-12, 2013
Sixteen ambassadors to Houston were disappointed that the 5-day pre-cruise they’d planned was cancelled by the cruise line due to a fire, loss of power, and the inability to get the cruise ship back to port.
The good news was the Houston group was ready for their early arrival and the welcome party happened in Galveston as originally booked.
- Wednesday – Travel to Houston and additional ambassadors arrival.
- Thursday – Guided tour of Houston, lunch at original Mexican Cafe, and dinner with host.
- Friday – Free day with host
- Saturday – Houston Livestock and Rodeo
- Sunday – Bus trip to NASA, Kemah Boardwalk and dinner
- Monday – City tour by bus and farewell dinner at Goode Company Barbeque
- Each ambassador was given a Texas hat on their arrival so they would feel like real Texans.